Monday, October 27, 2008

6 months....


Six months ago we arrived in Philadelphia with our Penske truck filled with all of our earthly possessions and with mixed expectations. We had no idea where we were going to call home and what our lives would be like. It is just amazing how six months have passed. Today is our 6 month anniversary and it couldn't be more evident that we are no longer Californians than a frigid 42 degree Philadelphia evening (and believe me peeps, it's only going to get colder). We celebrated by partaking in our most favorite Philadelphian delicacy...the cheesesteak. We have eaten at the two most famous places to get cheesesteaks, Genos & Pat's in South Philly. However tonight, we decided to try out Tony Luke's. We had a delicious Philadelphian dinner of Philly cheesesteaks & cheese fries. Tony Luke's is by far our most favorite steak joint...ok it was so spectacular...so yumm...I mean it. We ended the night with a cannoli from a local Philly bakery and a visit to our most favorite place, Wawa...it is a bit like 7 eleven & subway mixed together only a million times better!!!




God has done so much during these six months. We have certainly had to rely on him for everything. We have grown closer as a family and have had very rough times but even more joyful & awesome adventures. I'm not sure if I could go back to April 08, what decision I would make...as of now I wouldn't trade that last six months. I haven't felt such sadness ever....I have missed so many people and have felt a huge void in my heart. I long to see my family...we were just discussing the MANY Californian delicacies we miss (i.e In-N-Out, Del Taco, Break of Dawn)...and look forward to pigging out when we are in the Golden State. Most importantly we have learned that God's will is perfect and knowing that, and being content in that is of most importance in your life. God has brought us to Philadelphia for a reason! I look back to my life in California with longing sometimes, like it was perfect, way better than here...I often think. I remember specifically being discontent with the situation there...Joe was never home, I had to work...etc. I know that this is where we are meant to be...and I plan to proceed with the next 6 months with this renewed mindset. So I guess what I'm saying is that I'm excited now, excited to see what else God has in store for us because he has blessed us so much here that I know he is forever taking care of us and wants to bless us so much.



Thank you to all our family & friends. Thank you for the calls, txts, emails, care packages, etc. Thank you to our very faithful friends & fam who have called just to check in on us, or sent a funny or encouraging txts...your support has been more precious than anything. We have had such loyal friends that have really gone out of there way to let us know they are thinking about us & love us. We couldn't ask for a more awesome family...Cali...Kansas, Missouri, Connecticut...you are all so very awesome. We love you loyal bog readers! Knowing that you all care enough to read our blog and see what we are up to means the world to us, it has helped us get through the last 6 months and to ensure that we have not been forgotten. Thank you, thank you, thank you...you are all blessings from the Lord...and we love you so much!!!!!!!!!

Teach me to do Your will,
For You are my God;
Your Spirit is good.
Lead me in the land of uprightness.

Psalms 143:10



Love


Mon







No comments: