Sunday, June 29, 2008

Rice Cereal Fan




So Jade is coming up to her 6 month mark which is when I started Hazel on rice cereal so I thought that would be a good time to start her. She really liked the cereal so much so that she cried because I obviously wasn't feeding it to her quick enough. The last six months have been truly wonderful. I couldn't ask for a better baby. She nurses really well and has pretty much always slept through the night. Seems like you cannot get between my kids and sleep, they absolutely love it. Sometimes Hazel wants to play when it's bed time but once she's out she'll go for at least 10+ hours. Is this normal? I don't know but I'm not complaining.




Hazel was very independent, even at the very beginning. I would want to cuddle with her and she was content to play on her own or hang out in her swing. I was sort of sad because I would feel as if she didn't need me. I would tell Joe that I wished she was more needy. So yeah, my wish has been granted in my little Jade. Although I never really knew the depths of this neediness that I thought would be so wonderful. When we are out in public everyone thinks Jade is so pleasant, happy, and smiley (hence the nickname "gummy") however when I attempt to cook dinner, clean, or chase around Hazey she cries...oh does she cry...unrelenting cries that conveniently stop the moment I pick her up. If people only knew this side of her they would not be so quick to call her a little angel. I find myself thinking, "well Hazel was never like this" then I remember how I longed for a needier baby....thank you Lord.







I adore my girls and love each of their personalities, they are lovely. I'm just gonna be a tad more cautious with what I wish for...totally kidding...I love my cuddle bug ;)

































1 comment:

Corynne Escalante said...

this is so cute! love the pictures. hazel is doing a little heather pose in that last one. (is it annoying that i am always making similarity connections?) jade looks so adorable in these photos, though. oh! and i think it is normal to sleep a lot. elliott and caiden sleep about 10-12 hours a night...

and my final comment is, the moby wrap. you need to get one for little miss clingy. they look a little organic/earthy, but they rock! Its amazing...