Thursday, September 18, 2008

My birthday part 2.





And so we woke super early to get to the big suprise.... We were all goin to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. Well, jus a little problem.... WE DIDNT NEED TO GET UP SO EARLY!! ( thanks mom! hahahhaah), but it was nice to go to those places from the Jersey side. It was way less crowded. My sister Heather and boyfriend Josh met us down there. We ate breakfast at the Liberty Diner. Pretty tasty grub.



We got back to the ferry and headed over to Ellis Island. This place was really cool. It is simply amazing to see how America really got started as far as immigrants go... maybe my relatives came through here... Alot of information to take in, but well worth it!



Next we headed over to the Copper Lady, really cool, and alot of stairs but ya can't go up in her anymore. When I was about 10 or so we went up all the way to the crown. It is definitely one of those places you have to visit at least once in your life.

After this, it was time to head back to the city. We said our goodbyes to Head and Josh, and made one last stop before catching our bus back to Philly. Im a big lover of the BBQ so, NYC had a chef claim of a great award winning place in the upper west side. Daisy May's is the name. It was okay, take it or leave it I say. Some stuff was good, like the chicken and the beans, other stuff was jus normal. I guess I was expecting alot more. The biggest deal for me though was they didnt have any ice! Are ya kiddin me? Sorry I get off on a wild tangent. It was a great day and a good way to end a beautiful birthday weekend. Thank you so much to all my family making it a birthday to remember. I love you all so much! More than you will probably ever know.....

No comments: