Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas in Connecticut--Part 1

The girls and I spent a week in Connecticut visiting family. The first part of our trip consisted of Joe driving us to Connecticut in order to celebrate Christmas early with Grandma Terrie & Grandpa Bruce, staying for less than 24 hours, then driving back to Pa for work. The girls and I had the privilege of spending a couple of days with them. Our week was so wonderful, and action packed that I feel I should break up our stay. During our first couple of days in Connecticut we experienced our first snow storm ever, spent a short time sledding, and just spent some relaxing, quality time with loved ones....
















This is just the first few days of our trip, and there is so much more in store....make sure to check back for the conclusion. I just would like to say that in light of the week I spent in New England with the snow storm and all, Philly I will never say you are cold again!! We were showered with love while in Connecticut which made for one of the best Christmases ever...we had an amazing time. I have so many photos (600+) that I have put off writing about it because I did not know where to even begin. I feel privileged that Joe's family has embraced me as their own and that our 1st East Coast Christmas was so beautiful. Next, we make our way to Ney Ney's house to spend Christmas with her, Grandpa Bill, Uncle Ross, and Uncle Peter...stay tuned!
Love,
MON

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm getting cold just looking at your pics. I don't think I've ever seen so much snow in my life. I'm glad you had a blessed Christmas surrounded by family. I can't wait to hear more about your visit:)

The picture of you sledding with the girls is so cute. Looks freezing but a lot of fun!

Love you friend!

Corynne Escalante said...

its weird to see my dad's house with snow all over. i forgot that is usually only visit NOT in winter. what a different world it is when there's snow. the pictures are sweet, especially the last one of hazel and grandpa bruce.