Monday, September 20, 2010

Apple Picking

I <3 Fall! I love everything about it. I love saying goodbye to a long, hot, humidity ridden summer. I love the cool, crisp air. I love seeing leaves fall outside my window in all shades of autumn...reds, yellows, oranges, and browns. I love pumpkins and having apple cider at home while a nice, warm fire burns in our fireplace. I love sweaters and knitting scarves for all the people I love.  Seasons are quite lovely...they bring a sense of newness, and usher in a time of change, and I love it!  I love traditions; it makes me feel like a legit family! There is something about the start of Fall, and the traditions that we have come to know...such as apple picking.  So this past week we started off Fall with the Montgomery tradition of apple pickin'!!

We are blessed to live in an area that is smack in the middle of great farms. Joe had located an orchard that is located near our home with tons of different kinds of apples. It was a great time, and a perfect excuse for Hazel’s first “field trip” as a homeschooler!

Hazel was overjoyed to discover a ladybug in the apple she picked.
Hazel and some after-picking treats! Double fisting an ice-cream cone and a homemade apple cider donut!
Jade's funny face! Ahahahaha :)

Our beauties :)
Here is a picture that Hazel snapped!
Happy to get out there and make some awesome memories!
Love,
MON <3

No comments: