Saturday, May 2, 2009

Violet


I think my favorite thing about Violet was her laugh!!! It was more of a cute chuckle...she smiled with her whole face, and laughed with sweetness and innocence. She was so cute and tiny, as if you could just pick her up and put her in your pocket. She was quiet, but very, very sweet. Violet is Nadia's cousin and we all grew very close. I recall my early twenties with fondness, it was a very awesome, simple time...and Violet was indeed a part of those days. We would hang out often after church and I loved the time spend with Nadia & Violet.



The past few weeks have been very hard for Nadia, Violet, and their family. Violet was fighting for her life and it was hard for Nadia to see someone she loved so dearly in so much pain. I have been suffering along with them, and would speak often about how Violet was doing with Nadia, we have been praying fervently for healing, but yesterday Violet was taken home to be with her Lord and Savior. I recall receiving the txt yesterday morning, that Violet would soon be passing, my heart dropped...I felt heartbroken, hopeless, sad, and immediately fell to my knees and began to pray. I wanted so badly for Violet to leave that hospital healthy! She was so amazing, so sweet, she loved her job, she loved her family, she was just such a special girl. I still find myself asking why. Sometimes it's hard to understand God's plan, especially when it couldn't be further from what you want. I loved Violet she was my friend. I will always remember her and her smile, her laugh, and just was an amazing person she was. I am heartbroken and grieving along with Nadia but will never know the sadness she feels. I ask you to please pray for the Barraza/Aldaco family that God would comfort them at this time.




Jeremiah 31:13 I will turn their mourning into gladness. I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monica, I know she was precious to you too. She looked up to you, asked about you, loved you. I know my cousin is as happy as these pictures show her to be! I will truly miss her, she was a gift to us! Love you always.

Ally said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss Nadia. You and your family are in our prayers. Love you!